- Fellowship - Mayo Clinic (2016-2017), Bone Marrow Transplant
- Residency - North Shore Medical Center (2009-2012), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, India (2001-2007)
- Fellowship - Tufts University/Baystate Medical Center (2013-2016), Hematology Oncology
Ankit Kansagra, M.D.
- Eugene P. Frenkel, M.D. Scholar in Clinical Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Ankit Kansagra, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in stem cell transplants and CAR-T therapy and has particular expertise in caring for patients with plasma cell disorders, including multiple myeloma, amyloidosis, and Waldenström macroglobulinemia. He is the Assistant Director of UTSW’s Outpatient Stem Cell Transplant Program.
Dr. Kansagra earned his medical degree at India’s NHL Municipal Medical College, Gujarat University and completed his residency in internal medicine at Partners Health Care - North Shore Medical Center in Boston, where he was Chief Resident. He received advanced training through a hematology/oncology fellowship at Tufts University, where he served as Chief Fellow, and through a stem cell transplant fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Kansagra is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT). He’s also a member of the Practice Guidelines Committee of the ASBMT Transplant and the Data Safety Monitoring Committee at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He has earned several awards for excellence in the education of medical students.
His clinical research is focused on improving therapy for hematological malignancies and developing newer cellular and immunotherapy approaches for these diseases. He has published multiple papers and presented at many national and internal conferences related to leukemia and myeloma.
In 2019 and 2020, Dr. Kansagra was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star.
- American Society of Hematology (2013), Member
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2013), Member
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant (2015), Member
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors, Rising Star 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors, Rising Star 2019
- Chief Fellow, Hematology/Oncology 2015-2016, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University, MA
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine 2012-2013, North Shore Medical Center, Partners Healthcare, Salem, MA
- Best Resident - Teaching and Education 2011-2012, Tufts University
- Partners in Excellence Award 2011, Partners Health Care System, Massachusetts
- Outstanding Work in Field of Quality Improvement and Better Patient Care 2009, St. Barnabas Health Care System, New Jersey
Preoperative Anemia: Evaluation and Treatment in Anesthesiology Clinics
Kansagra A, Stefan M. (2016), Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier
- Preoperative Anemia: Evaluation and Treatment in Anesthesiology Clinics
Safety and Efficacy of Infliximab Therapy in the Setting of Steroid-Refractory Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease.
Yalniz FF, Hefazi M, McCullough K, Litzow MR, Hogan WJ, Wolf R, Alkhateeb H, Kansagra A, Damlaj M, Patnaik MM Biology of blood and marrow transplantation : journal of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation 2017 Sep 23 9 1478-1484
Infusion of autograft natural killer cell/CD14+HLA-DRDIM cell ratio predicts survival in lymphoma post autologous stem cell transplantation.
Kansagra A, Inwards DJ, Ansell SM, Micallef IN, Johnston PB, Hogan WJ, Markovic SN, Porrata LF Bone marrow transplantation 2017 Oct
Blood Management Strategies to Reduce Transfusions After Elective Lower-Extremity Joint Arthroplasty Surgeries.
Kansagra A, Andrzejewski C, Krushell R, Lehman A, Greenbaum J, Visintainer P, McGirr J, Mahoney K, Cloutier D, Ehresman A, Stefan MS American journal of medical quality : the official journal of the American College of Medical Quality 2017 Jan 1062860616687035
Predictors of the Use of Specific Critical Care Therapies in Patients With Metastatic Cancer.
Loh KP, Kansagra A, Shieh MS, Pekow P, Lindenauer P, Stefan M, Lagu T Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2017 Jan 15 1 22-30
A Clinical Prediction Model to Assess Risk for Chemotherapy-Related Hospitalization in Patients Initiating Palliative Chemotherapy.
Brooks GA, Kansagra AJ, Rao SR, Weitzman JI, Linden EA, Jacobson JO JAMA oncology 2015 Jul 1 4 441-7
Prolonged hypothermia due to olanzapine in the setting of renal failure: a case report and review of the literature.
Kansagra A, Patel S, Wilcox SR Therapeutic advances in psychopharmacology 2013 Dec 3 6 335-9
Continuing challenges and current issues in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Kansagra A, Dahiya S, Litzow M Leukemia & lymphoma 2017 Jun 1-16
Treatment of Young Adults with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
Kansagra A, Litzow M Current hematologic malignancy reports 2017 Jun 12 3 187-196
Predictors of In-Hospital Mortality in Patients With Metastatic Cancer Receiving Specific Critical Care Therapies.
Loh KP, Kansagra A, Shieh MS, Pekow P, Lindenauer P, Stefan M, Lagu T Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2016 Aug 14 8 979-87
Paraneoplastic autoimmune hemolytic anemia in ovarian cancer: a marker of disease activity.
Loh KP, Kansagra A, Asik A, Ali S, Dahiya S Rare tumors 2015 Feb 7 1 5598
- Safety and Efficacy of Infliximab Therapy in the Setting of Steroid-Refractory Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease.
- Patient-centered Outcomes Research
- Hematological Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplant
- Cellular Theraphy
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Articles by Dr. Kansagra
Showing 1 locations
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-4673