Online or call 214-645-4673
Bone Marrow Transplant (Stem Cell Transplant)
Recognized as one of the leading programs of its kind, UT Southwestern's hematologic malignancies team has performed approximately 2,500 bone marrow transplants (also known as stem cell transplants) while achieving the best one-year survival rate for patients in North Texas.
Our highly specialized program is part of the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in North Texas.
Expert Care and Top Accolades
A bone marrow transplant replaces unhealthy bone marrow – the tissue inside bones that produces blood-forming cells – with healthy cells that should restore normal blood cell production.
Bone marrow transplants are used to treat people with:
- Cancers of the blood, bone marrow, and lymph nodes
- Other blood and immune disorders
At UT Southwestern, we perform bone marrow transplants and cellular therapies for patients ranging in age from early adulthood to their 70s.
Our program at UT Southwestern is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, which recognizes top-quality patient care. We also have been deemed a national center of excellence by all major national health insurance carriers.
Our experienced physicians, nurses, and other care providers guide patients through every step of the bone marrow transplant process. We strive to deliver the most appropriate and effective care possible, and we’re here to manage care from diagnosis to personalized treatment and beyond.
Our program is unique because:
- CAR T-cell therapy for the treatment of leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma
- Specially trained team to care for patients with blood cancers and other blood disorders
- Access to clinical trials related to blood cancers and cellular therapies
- Pioneering transplant process that replaces harmful cells with immune cells engineered to attack diseased cells
- Expertise in both autologous (patient’s own cells) and allogeneic (donor cells) transplants
- Support services to help patients and families through bone marrow transplantation, cellular therapies, and beyond
Compassionate Care Throughout the Journey
We provide excellent, compassionate care for patients with all types of blood cancers. From a personalized patient experience to cutting-edge treatments, discover what sets us apart.
Helping Dad beat leukemia: Jon and Chuck’s story
Chuck was the first person in the U.S. to receive a new transplant technique at Simmons Cancer Center to treat his acute myeloid leukemia — thanks to his son Jon donating stem cells.
Cancer Care at the Highest Level. Anywhere.
Our team of hundreds of leading cancer physicians and oncology-trained support staff is a trusted partner in returning patients with cancer to good health.
Results: 1 Locations