- Fellowship - Children's Hospital & Health Center- San Diego (1988-1989), Pediatric Urology
- Residency - Baylor College of Medicine (1984-1988), Urology
- Residency - Baylor University Medical Center (1982-1984), Surgery
- Medical School - University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1978-1982)
Clanton Harrison III, M.D.
- Pediatric Urology
Clanton B. Harrison, M.D., Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Urology. Dr. Harrison joined the faculty of UT Southwestern in 1999 after 10 years in private practice in Dallas.
His professional interests include pediatric urologic oncology and medical missions in pediatric urology. On several occasions he has traveled to other countries to share his faith combined with his knowledge of the urologic practice. His clinical practice concentrates on children with urologic problems. As part of the Pediatric Urology group, he participates in training future pediatric urologists through the ACGME-accredited Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program.
- Texas Medical Association (1999)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (1999)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (1999)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1999)
- American Urological Association (1999)
- First Place, Resident Essay Contest 1985, South Central Section of the American Urological Association
- Resident Teaching Award 1991, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Member of the Board 2003, Project Access
Microvascular autotransplantation of the intra-abdominal testis.
Harrison CB, Kaplan GW, Scherz HC, Packer MG, Jones J The Journal of urology 1990 Aug 144 2 Pt 2 506-7; discussion 512-3
Initial scrotal incision for unilateral nonpalpable testis.
Snodgrass W, Chen K, Harrison C The Journal of urology 2004 Oct 172 4 Pt 2 1742-5; discussion 1745
Decision making during laparoscopic orchiopexy for intra-abdominal testes near the internal ring.
Yucel S, Ziada A, Harrison C, Wilcox D, Baker L, Snodgrass W The Journal of urology 2007 Oct 178 4 Pt 1 1447-50; discussion 1450
Diagnosing Testicular Torsion before Urologic Consultation and Imaging: A Validation of the TWIST Score.
Sheth KR, Keays M, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, Menon VS, DaJusta DG, Ostrov L, Hill M, Sanchez E, Kuppermann D, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Schlomer BJ, Baker LA The Journal of urology 2016 Jan
Trans-scrotal Near Infrared Spectroscopy as a Diagnostic Test for Testis Torsion in Pediatric Acute Scrotum: A Prospective Comparison to Gold Standard Diagnostic Test Study.
Schlomer BJ, Keays MA, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, DaJusta DG, Menon VS, Ostrov L, Sheth KR, Hill M, Sanchez EJ, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Baker LA The Journal of urology 2017 Apr
Wound complications after median sternotomy: A study of 61 patients from a consecutive series of 9,279.
Ott DA, Cooley DA, Solis RT, Harrison CB Cardiovascular diseases 1980 Mar 7 1 104-111
Ureteral injury due to external violence, 49 cases over 5 years
Harrison, C.B., Guerriero, W.G. World Journal of Urology 1990 7 214-217
Diagnostic pneumoperitoneum for the detection of the clinically occult contralateral hernia in children
Harrison, C.B., Kaplan, G.W. J Urol 1990 144(1Pt 2) 510-1, discussion 512-3
Complications of interstitial radiation therapy
Harrison, C.B., Scardino, P.T. Editor R.B. Smith, R.M. Ehrlick, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co. 1990
Hernia after pediatric urological laparoscopy.
Cost NG, Lee J, Snodgrass WT, Harrison CB, Wilcox DT, Baker LA The Journal of urology 2010 Mar 183 3 1163-7
Ewing Sarcoma of the Scrotum.
Grimsby GM, Harrison CB Urology 2014 Apr
- Microvascular autotransplantation of the intra-abdominal testis.
- Pediatric Urology