- Residency - Parkland Health & Hospital System (1993-1995), Internal Medicine
- Internship - Parkland Health & Hospital System (1992-1993), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (1988-1992)
David Balis, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
David Balis, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in general internal medicine and nicotine cessation and is the Director of the UT Southwestern Nicotine Cessation Program.
Dr. Balis earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School, where he also completed a residency in internal medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1995.
He is a member of the American College of Physicians and the American Medical Association.
Married with two children, Dr. Balis is a competitive triathelete.
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Balis Gastrointestinal Disease in Primary Care 2000 105-118
Effect of HMGCoA RI's on hs-CRP
Jialal, Stein, Balis, Grundy, Devaraj Circulation 2001 103 1933-35
Effect of Statins on Remnants with Combined Hyperlipidemia
Stein, Devaraj, Balis, Adams-Huet, Jialal Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2001 21 2026-31
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Showing 2 locations