- Fellowship - St. Louis University Hospital (1993-1995), Cornea & External Diseases
- Residency - Parkland Health and Hospital System (1989-1993), Ophthalmology
- Medical School - Tulane - Louisiana State University - New Orleans (1985-1989)
Steven M. Verity, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in corneal and external eye diseases, refractive and cataract surgery, LASIK, and comprehensive ophthalmology.
Dr. Verity earned his medical degree at Louisiana State University and completed a residency in ophthalmology at UT Southwestern before receiving advanced training in corneal and external eye diseases and keratorefractive surgery through a fellowship at the St. Louis University Eye Institute.
Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, Dr. Verity joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2002.
He is a member of multiple professional organizations, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, the Cornea Society, the Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology, the Dallas County Medical Society, the International Society of Refractive Surgery, the Texas Ophthalmological Association, and the Texas Medical Association.
A reviewer for several professional journals, Dr. Verity has authored numerous abstracts, papers, and book chapters and presented his research nationwide.
- Castroviejo Cornea Society
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Luis Perez Memorial Award in Ophthalmology 1989, LSU Medical School - New Orleans, LA
- D Magazine 2013, Best Doctors in Dallas
- Refractive Corneal Surgery
- Corneal preservation and transplantation
- Cornea & External Disease
- Refractive & Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Articles by Dr. Verity
Showing 5 locations
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-429-3050