UT Southwestern's interventional radiologists perform more than 5,500 image-guided, minimally invasive surgeries annually. The field of interventional radiology developed in response to a growing need for image-guided procedures. As technology evolved, interventional radiologists innovated multiple minimally invasive alternatives to traditional open surgery and has become an essential clinical field.
Consultative Services (In-Person and Video Visits)
- Minimally invasive ablation of tumors (liver, kidney, bone, lung, etc.)
- Management of biliary obstructions (benign or malignant) and other gall bladder disorders
- Management of central venous access, including placement and removal of catheters and ports
- Management of abnormal fluid collections (abscess, pleural effusion, ascites)
- Management of benign or malignant conditions of the liver and kidney
- Management of vena cava filters (IVC filter placement and retrieval)
- Placement and management of feeding tubes
- Treatment of lower extremity venous insufficiency
- Treatment of peripheral artery disease
- Varicose vein ablation
- Management of fistulas and grafts resulting from hemodialysis
- Management of obstructive uropathy, including placement of percutaneous nephrostomy tubes and nephroureteral stents
- Management of pain associated with benign and malignant tumors (sacroplasty, celiac plexus blocks)
Meet Our Vascular Interventional Radiology Team
The Vascular Interventional Radiology team includes highly trained specialists who provide effective treatment for a range of conditions. They work closely with other medical and surgical specialties in a multidisciplinary approach to provide a spectrum of clinical services and optimal patient care.
Dr. Pillai is Chief of Vascular Interventional Radiology at UT Southwestern. He has expertise in interventional procedures related to cancer care, specifically liver and kidney cancers, liver cirrhosis and portal hypertension, peripheral vascular disease, and venous thromboembolic disorders.
Dr. Molano has expertise in transplant interventions, interventional oncology, and portal hypertension. She has more than 15 years of experience.
Dr. Desai has expertise in venous thromboembolic diseases, with interests in IVC filter placement and removal, venous recanalization, varicose vein disease, and endovascular management of pulmonary embolism.
Dr. Kolber has expertise in interventional oncology, including management of hepatocellular cancer.
Dr. Kumar has expertise in peripheral artery disease, adrenal and parathyroid venous sampling, balloon pulmonary angioplasty (for chronic pulmonary embolism), and interventional oncology.
Dr. Lamus has expertise in prostate artery embolization, dialysis access intervention, and men's health.
Dr. McLaughlin has expertise in imaging informatics, interventional oncology, portal hypertension, and congenital vascular anomalies.
Dr. Quadri has expertise in pulmonary interventions, including ablations for tumors and thyroid ablations.
Dr. Tang has expertise in headache interventions, bone ablations, and cementoplasty.