Search for opportunities to participate in a vision or eye-related research study.
UT Southwestern Medical Center provides an on-site optometry clinic for comprehensive eye care. Our optometrists have access to the latest equipment and technology and provide comprehensive eye exams and prescriptions for both glasses and contact lenses. The clinic is conveniently adjacent to UT Southwestern's Optical Shop, which offers the latest eyeglass frames and lens materials.
Comprehensive Care for Total Eye Health
Our highly skilled, licensed optometrists are eye care experts. They perform comprehensive eye exams, evaluate contact lenses, and detect, diagnose, and treat eye conditions.
Our optometry program offers:
- Comprehensive medical eye exams for eye infections, diabetes, effects of high-risk medications, and more
- Routine eye exams to determine eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions
- Specialty contact lens evaluations for conditions such as keratoconus and situations involving postsurgical and prosthetic needs
- Neurological evaluations, which assess possible neurological changes to the visual system
It’s important to schedule an annual eye exam to protect eye health and to be evaluated for any noticeable loss of visual acuity (sharpness and clarity).
UT Southwestern Optical Shop
Our licensed opticians are trained to help patients select a frame that will fit properly according to their face shape and contour, and one that is compatible with their prescription. Our opticians are also able to work with difficult-to-fill-prescriptions, including prism, slab off, and ptosis crutches.
The Optical Shop stocks more than 1,000 frames and the latest in lens design technology. We offer famous-maker and designer glasses and sunglasses, cleaning supplies, and other accessories. Services also include eyewear adjustments and repairs.
Our opticians help correct many vision problems using:
- Progressive lenses
- Bifocal and trifocal lenses
- Computer lenses
- Transition lenses
- High-index and aspheric lenses (thin, lightweight lenses for high prescriptions)
- Impact-resistant lenses (polycarbonate, Trivex)
- UV coating for eye protection
- Anti-reflective coating for glare
- Sport vision eyewear
- Low-vision devices
Prescription Contact Lenses
We specialize in the latest contact lens technology and have access to designs not available in national chain stores.
Our optometrists first evaluate a patient’s potential to successfully wear contact lenses based on ocular health, visual expectations, and ocular condition. If the patient is a good candidate, the optometrist then determines the appropriate contact lens design.
UT Southwestern optometrists can evaluate patients with the following:
- Bifocal/multifocal or monovision lenses to correct distance and reading
- Toric lenses to correct astigmatism
- Rigid gas permeable lenses for the cornea
- Scleral lenses for keratoconus, post-surgery, post-trauma, dry eye, etc.
- Soft prosthetic contact lenses (tinted and hand-painted)
- Therapeutic bandage contact lenses
Showing 3 locations
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-429-3050