Now in Frisco: World-class plastic surgery and breast reconstruction experts
April 9, 2018
For years, patients in the northern parts of the Metroplex have had to travel to downtown Dallas to see the plastic surgery specialists at UT Southwestern. Even though we have the largest team of cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons in North Texas, it wasn’t easy for patients in Far North Dallas, Plano, Frisco, and outlying areas to make the trek for surgery.
Now the care and expertise you expect from UT Southwestern is available in a much more convenient location. We’re excited to offer the best of plastic surgery expertise, techniques, and individualized care at our new plastic surgery clinic in Frisco.
Jeffrey Kenkel, M.D., Geo Tabbal, M.D., and I offer our patients a wide variety of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures to achieve individualized, safe, and effective treatment of a multitude of conditions.
Personalized cosmetic surgery options in Frisco
Breast and body contouring
UT Southwestern has been at the forefront of developing safe, effective techniques for body contouring procedures for many years. Patients in Frisco can get popular procedures to rejuvenate the body, such as:
● Mommy makeover, a combination of multiple cosmetic procedures
Another popular option is CoolSculpting, a nonsurgical procedure to reduce unwanted fat. It’s easy and painless! Patients relax for 30 to 45 minutes and read a book or watch TV while a painless vacuum device decreases the appearance of fat on the neck, arms, abdomen, or legs.
Breast reconstruction surgery
Multiple breast reconstruction techniques have been developed and perfected by UT Southwestern doctors in the past decade. Some of the advanced procedures we offer in Frisco and Dallas include:
● Advanced implant techniques: Our surgeons can insert breast implants above the chest muscle instead of below it, as per older standards. This technique results in less pain, faster recovery, and more attractive outcomes.
● Microsurgical (free-flap) breast reconstruction: Skin and fat from another part of the body, such as the tummy, can be used to reconstruct the breast instead of synthetic implants. Procedures such as the DIEP flap and PAP flap can achieve very natural and attractive outcomes with a low risk of complications. We are internationally recognized for innovations in this approach.
● One-day breast surgery and reconstruction: For certain patients, mastectomy and breast reconstruction can be completed in a single surgery, resulting in quicker recovery compared to multiple procedures.
"We’re excited to offer the best of plastic surgery expertise, techniques, and individualized care at our new plastic surgery clinic in Frisco."
Facial cosmetic surgery
Your face is often critical to your sense of self, and our surgeons excel in offering surgical and nonsurgical techniques to help you look the way you feel.
● Injectables, like Botox, Restylane, and Juvederm
● Lasers and chemical peels
● Eyelid surgery
● Face and neck lift
● Cosmetic rhinoplasty and deviated septum reconstruction
Hand and peripheral nerve surgery
Our dedicated hand surgeons in Frisco have expertise in helping patients with conditions that affect the appearance and function of the hands. Hand conditions can greatly decrease your ability to enjoy the activities you love because of pain and discomfort. Nonsurgical treatments can often effectively treat mild symptoms, and surgical options can address more severe issues.
● Hand and wrist arthritis
● Carpal tunnel syndrome
● Dupuytren’s disease
● Traumatic hand injuries
Complex wound reconstruction
Our team of experts provides cutting-edge treatment for a variety of wounds that result from illness or injury:
● Skin cancer reconstruction: Skin cancers of the face and scalp are often removed with Moh’s surgery, resulting in very visible wounds. We specialize in repairing these wounds in a cosmetically pleasing manner.
● Abdominal wall hernia repair and reconstruction: These complicated wounds can result from trauma, disease, or prior surgical procedures. Our outcomes and experience are exceptional in the repair of these hernias.
● Pressure sores: Wounds caused by chronic pressure in bed-bound or wheelchair-bound patients can be painful and difficult to treat. We provide a range of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options, as well as reconstruction and education to prevent future wounds.
Cosmetic surgery and reconstruction can improve patients’ quality of life. UT Southwestern plastic surgeons in Frisco have the passion and expertise to achieve outstanding results that improve our patients’ function and satisfaction with how they look and feel.