See the Patient Resource Guide (PDF) for an overview of the amenities, services, and clinics at UT Southwestern.
UT Southwestern’s melanoma specialists offer patients a unique level of expertise and experience and the most innovative, advanced therapies.
Our specialists at the University Hospital Simmons Cancer Center Melanoma/Sarcoma Clinic expertly diagnose and treat people with all varieties of these complex cancers.
Offering the most sophisticated technologies and proven therapies, our multidisciplinary team delivers comprehensive melanoma and sarcoma care.
Our Melanoma and Sarcoma Services
Highlights of our program include:
- An integrated, multidisciplinary team that includes dermatologists, surgical and radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pathologists, and radiologists – all of whom take a personalized, evidence-based approach to skin cancer diagnosis and care
- A focus on screening, early detection, and accurate diagnoses – all key to successful skin cancer treatment
- The most sophisticated diagnostic tools available, including highly specialized dermatopathology testing and in-house molecular profiling
- Expertise in all types of surgery to remove all types of skin cancer, including Mohs surgery, tumor excision, and regional lymph node dissection
- Leadership in the use of stereotactic radiosurgery – including tools such as the Gamma Knife and CyberKnife – to treat some cases of skin cancer
- Immunotherapies, such as immune checkpoint inhibitors, which stimulate the immune system to target and kill skin cancer cells
- Targeted therapies, which use drugs to target abnormal proteins in tumor cells
- Opportunities for patients to enroll in clinical trials of promising new protocols aimed at improving skin cancer diagnoses and providing treatments that are not yet available to the public
- A comprehensive variety of cancer support services
Your First Appointment
Although we will make most of the arrangements for your appointment, there are a few things you can do to be prepared. Please:
- Bring your insurance information and/or a form of payment.
- Bring a list of your current prescriptions and over-the-counter (nonprescription) drugs, vitamins, or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Arrange for your medical records and X-rays to be sent to us, or bring them with you.
- Feel free to bring someone with you, ask questions, and take notes.
Valet and self-parking are available.
The Only NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas
Simmons Cancer Center is the first and only medical center in North Texas to earn the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Comprehensive designation.
This elite distinction, which is held by only about 50 cancer centers nationwide, recognizes innovative research and excellence in patient care. It is the gold standard for cancer programs.