Search for opportunities to participate in a women’s health research study.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s specialized Women’s Imaging Program delivers a wide variety of state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic services to women of all ages. Our experienced radiologists use advanced imaging technologies for women’s services that include breast cancer screening, gynecological exams, fertility assistance, and prenatal care.
Our dynamic and innovative radiology service is committed to achieving the highest standards of patient care and staying on the leading edge of new developments and clinical applications in the ever-changing field of medical imaging.
Specialized Imaging for Women of All Ages
UT Southwestern’s specialized Women’s Imaging Program offers a variety of advanced imaging technologies and diagnostic services for women of all ages – enabling our physicians to make the most accurate diagnoses and prescribe targeted treatments for all types of breast, gynecologic, and fetal conditions.
Our Ob/Gyn Ultrasound service was the state’s first unit of its kind to be nationally accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine. In addition, our faculty includes the Southwest’s top radiologist in the use of fetal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to evaluate fetal abnormalities.
Women’s Imaging Services and Technologies
Our specialized team offers a number of women’s imaging services and technologies, including:
- Breast imaging, such as 3-D digital mammography, magnetic resonance mammography (MRM), and high-resolution breast ultrasound
- Breast cancer screening
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scanning
- Gynecological exams
- Fertility assistance
- Obstetric imaging, such as sonography (ultrasound), 3-D and 4-D prenatal ultrasound, and fetal MRI
- Bone density (DEXA) scans
- Computed tomography (CT) scanning
- Catheter-based angiography
- High-risk obstetric imaging, such as imaging for complex antenatal fetal problems and maternal complications of pregnancy with a particular emphasis on MRI
- Gynecological cancer screening
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Stereotactic breast biopsy guidance
Clinical TrialsAs one of the nation’s top academic medical centers, UT Southwestern offers clinical trials aimed at improving women’s imaging.
Clinical trials can give patients access to leading-edge imaging technologies that are not yet widely available. Eligible patients who choose to participate in one of UT Southwestern’s clinical trials might benefit from imaging technologies years before they are available to the public.