Our team of hundreds of leading cancer physicians and oncology-trained support staff is a trusted partner in returning patients with cancer to good health.
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
UT Southwestern’s Center for Breast Care offers comprehensive, patient-focused breast cancer treatment using the latest medications, techniques, and therapies. Our team includes some of the best breast cancer specialists in the world who have dedicated their entire clinical activities to treating breast cancer. This expertise means patients receive unsurpassed care from specialists who treat breast cancer patients every day.
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in North Texas, we deliver the best cancer care available today and push to discover new treatments. NCI designation means we offer patients the ability to participate in the broadest possible range of clinical trials, with access to potential therapies not available at other facilities.
Internationally Recognized Team, Comprehensive Services
Breast cancer refers to a malignant tumor that has developed from cells in the breast. Most often, breast cancer begins in the cells of the lobules, the milk-producing glands, or the ducts, the passages that carry milk from the lobules to the nipple. Less commonly, breast cancer can begin in the connective tissues of the breast, known as the stromal tissue.
Breast cancer might spread to the lymph nodes in the underarm, as well as to other parts of the body.
At the Center for Breast Care, patients benefit from the knowledge and experience of an entire team of breast care specialists, such as medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists; breast imaging specialists; pathologists; and reconstructive surgeons.
Our breast cancer specialists have earned international recognition for their contributions to the field.
Our team is located in one convenient clinic, making appointments with multiple doctors quicker and less stressful. Our specialists can easily collaborate on individual cases, which means our patients receive the highest standard of care from an entire team of experts.
Breast Cancer Services
UT Southwestern offers the most advanced technologies and techniques available for breast cancer diagnosis, screening, and treatment, such as medications and other therapies that are not available at every hospital.
We are committed to providing our patients with access to clinical trials for the most innovative therapies for breast cancer. For each patient, we develop personalized strategies to improve overall health and well-being, with the goal of enhancing quality of life both today and in the future as a cancer survivor.
Our services include:
- Advanced diagnostic techniques, such as fine needle aspiration biopsy and vacuum-assisted needle biopsy
- Accurate staging of breast cancer using leading imaging technologies
- The latest surgical techniques, such as lumpectomy, mastectomy, sentinel lymph node biopsy, and axillary lymph node dissection
- Chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and other medical therapy options
- The most precise radiation therapy available
- Innovative breast reconstruction options
- All phases of clinical trials for every stage of breast cancer
- Enhanced surveillance and screening options for high-risk patients through our award-winning cancer genetics program
- Complementary strategies for improving overall health and well-being
In addition, we offer support services such as:
- Nutrition counseling
- Support groups for patients and their families
- Lymphedema therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Lifestyle education
- Genetic counseling
Showing 7 locations
UT Southwestern Medical Group at Frisco5575 Warren Parkway
Frisco, Texas 75034 214-645-2353
- University Hospital Center for Breast Care - Medical Oncology
- University Hospital Center for Breast Care - Surgical Oncology
- University Hospital Medical Oncology Clinic - Bone
- University Hospital Medical Oncology Clinic - Cancer Genetics
- University Hospital Medical Oncology Clinic - Gastrointestinal
- University Hospital Medical Oncology Clinic - Genitourinary
- University Hospital Medical Oncology Clinic - Lung
- University Hospital Surgical Oncology Clinic - Melanoma/Sarcoma
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-288-9800
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-8525