Search for opportunities to participate in a clinical research study.
UT Southwestern’s skilled ear (otologic) surgeons expertly evaluate and treat all types of ear conditions, including tympanic membrane perforations (a hole in the ear drum), chronic ear infections, cholesteatoma, otosclerosis, and tumors of the ear (such as acoustic neuroma).
Our highly trained surgeons also offer the full spectrum of treatment for hearing loss, including cochlear implantation.
Precise Procedures for a Variety of Ear Conditions
The otologic surgeons at UT Southwestern Medical Center perform all otologic surgeries, including auditory brainstem implants and surgeries to treat spinal fluid leaks from the ear, semicircular canal dehiscence, and facial nerve tumors located in the ear.
We are leaders in endoscopic ear surgery, which allows for surgery to be performed through the ear canal instead of making an incision behind the ear. This approach allows for less pain and faster recovery.
Conditions Treated With Ear Surgery
UT Southwestern’s otologic surgeons treat ear conditions that include:
- Chronic/severe ear infection that has not responded to medical treatment
- Hole in the ear drum
- Damaged ear bones
- Tumors of the ear
- Acoustic neuromas/vestibular schwannomas
- Glomus tumors
- Superior canal dehiscence
- Spinal fluid leaks of the ear
- Cholesterol granulomas
Types of Ear Surgery
UT Southwestern’s otologic surgeons perform surgeries that include:
- Tympanoplasty to repair a damaged eardrum or to repair damaged ear bones
- Mastoidectomy to remove chronic infection or cholesteatoma
- Repair of spinal fluid leaks
- Surgical removal and stereotactic radiosurgery of acoustic neuromas
- Repair of superior canal dehiscence
- Excision of cancerous and noncancerous tumors of the ear
- Cochlear implantation to rehabilitate severe hearing loss
- Bone-anchored hearing aids
What to Expect
Complex conditions are presented at a monthly conference attended by ear surgeons, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, and neuroradiologists to make the best recommendations for treatment possible.
Our clinic is located in the state-of-the-art West Campus Building, opened in August 2018. In addition to ear surgery, we offer comprehensive audiologic and vestibular testing services at this location.
Our team is active in clinical trials to improve treatments for patients. Recent trials include:
- Comparing pain between endoscopic and traditional ear surgery
- Expanding cochlear implantation criteria
Showing 2 locations
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-882-2430