Search for opportunities to participate in a clinical research study.
Individualized Approaches to Weight Management
UT Southwestern’s Weight Wellness Program offers comprehensive, evidence-based treatments for patients living with obesity.
Our interdisciplinary, team-based approach to weight management is dedicated to our patients’ wellness journey. We partner with each patient to identify that person’s needs and determine the best path to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Our specialists include physicians, advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants), registered dietitians, psychologists, and expert bariatric and endobariatric surgeons.
Treatments We Offer
We provide experience and expertise across weight management treatments, from medical and nutrition therapies to surgical and endoscopic procedures. Our services for adult weight management include:
- Medical weight management, including medications that facilitate weight reduction, along with nutrition and lifestyle coaching and supportive counseling to help patients create sustainable changes for optimizing health, quality of life, and weight. Additionally, we help patients manage nutrition and digestive health after bariatric surgery.
- Surgery for weight management, an effective treatment for obesity and the associated health risks that enables patients to live longer and with a better quality of life. We offer a full range of bariatric surgery and endobariatric procedures.
What to Expect
Every person is unique, so each treatment plan is personalized. Our specialists make sure patients have full access to the best medical care at every step along their journey.
As part of a comprehensive weight management program, all UT Southwestern Weight Wellness patients can expect:
- Comprehensive, one-on-one medical evaluation and nutrition assessments to determine the best plan of care
- Information about medical, endoscopic, and surgical therapies for weight management, including who is a candidate and what current medications and therapies might best fit each patient’s needs
- Resources that allow us to deliver accurate diagnostic services and successful treatments:
- Body composition analysis with estimation of metabolic rate
- Lab testing to assess metabolic health and nutritional deficiencies
- Imaging and other testing as needed to determine the best surgical or endoscopic approaches
- Follow-up care that can include education, nutrition and lifestyle coaching, counseling, postsurgical care, and medical management of ongoing health needs related to weight management
Results: 2 Locations
Dallas, Texas 75231 214-645-2900