UT Southwestern Frisco provides patients with easy access to advanced surgical care, right here in Frisco. Our surgeons are committed to the highest quality of patient care and to collaborating with referring physicians to achieve optimum results.
All surgical services requiring anesthesia will take place at UT Southwestern’s partner site – the new Texas Health Hospital Frisco – located right next door. Vascular surgery procedures and less invasive colorectal procedures happen right in the medical office building.
We support multiple outstanding surgical programs. Some of the most prevalent of these are:
Bariatric surgery, including procedures such as:
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (Lap-Band)
- Revisional bariatric surgery
Colorectal surgery, using minimally invasive methods whenever possible, including specific procedures such as:
- Abdominal surgery
- Anorectal surgery
- Colorectal cancer surgery
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Colorectal disorders
Endocrine surgery, including procedures such as:
- Thyroidectomy (including thyroid lobectomy, total thyroidectomy, completion thyroidectomy, and reoperative neck operations
- Parathyroidectomy (including reoperative parathyroidectomy)
- Cervical lymphadenectomy (including central and lateral neck dissections)
- Adrenalectomy (laparoscopic and robotic)
Vascular surgery, including procedures to treat conditions such as:
- Varicose veins
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Peripheral arterial diseases (PAD) / Claudication
- Carotid stenosis
Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your time with the doctor, prepare a list of questions ahead of time and bring it to your appointment.
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our best to see patients at their scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients sign up with MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in to or sign up for MyChart.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify the center at least 48 hours in advance so that we can accommodate other patients waiting to schedule an appointment.
Prescriptions and Refills
It is very important that you do not run out of your medication. Be sure that you have sufficient refills to last until your next appointment with your provider. We are happy to provide you with a written prescription upon request.
If you run out of refills, please call your pharmacy and your pharmacist will fax a refill request to us. Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to process refill requests.