Our team of hundreds of leading cancer physicians and oncology-trained support staff is a trusted partner in returning patients with cancer to good health.
At UT Southwestern Medical Center, our skilled leukemia experts diagnose and treat patients with every type of leukemia. Offering the most sophisticated technologies and science-based therapies, our team delivers comprehensive leukemia care that is unmatched in the region.
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in North Texas, we deliver the best cancer care available today and push to discover new treatments. NCI designation means we offer patients the ability to participate in the broadest possible range of clinical trials, with access to potential therapies not available at other facilities.
Personalized Care Throughout the Journey
Leukemia is cancer of the blood cells. With an accurate diagnosis and the right care, leukemia can be managed successfully – and even cured.
UT Southwestern’s multidisciplinary leukemia team partners with every patient to develop an individualized course of care. From diagnosis to treatment and beyond, our experienced and caring leukemia specialists will be by every patient’s side throughout their journey.
Our Services for Leukemia
At UT Southwestern, we strive for accurate diagnosis using the most cutting-edge technologies, such as next generation sequencing and access to clinical trials that are not available anywhere else in the region. This leads to decreased toxicity and an improved response rate. Our multidisciplinary team of leukemia specialists delivers coordinated, state-of-the-art treatment tailored to each patient.
Highlights of our leukemia program include:
- The leading survival rate for adult allogeneic stem cell (bone marrow) transplants in Texas
- Molecular therapies that target disease-causing cell mutations
- An innovative stem-cell transplantation process that replaces harmful cells with immune cells designed to attack the cancer cells
- Adoptive immunotherapies, which manipulate patients’ or donors’ immune systems to more effectively fight cancer cells
- The latest evidence-based chemotherapies and radiation therapies
- The most advanced imaging technologies available
- Access to clinical trials of the most promising new leukemia treatments not yet available to the public
- Hematopathologists – physician-scientists specially trained to identify and classify blood cancers – who help provide accurate diagnoses
- The only site in Texas chosen for a national Cancer Moonshot clinical trial to find individually tailored approaches to better treat acute myeloid leukemia
- Nationally recognized by the MDS Foundation as a center of excellence for the treatment of people with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
We also offer a range of support services to help patients and families through leukemia treatment and beyond.
Hematologic Malignancies & Bone Marrow Transplantation Program
The Hematologic Malignancies & Bone Marrow Transplantation Program at UT Southwestern provides excellent, compassionate care for patients with all types of blood cancers. From a personalized patient experience to cutting-edge treatments, discover what sets us apart.
Results: 2 Locations
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-4673