Search for opportunities to participate in a clinical research study.
Dermal Fillers and Injectables
Specialists in dermatology, oculoplastic surgery, and
plastic surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center have experience using safe,
effective dermal fillers and injectables to treat wrinkles and restore facial
fullness. We work closely with patients to help them achieve their goals for
Latest Advances in Dermal Fillers and Injectables
Dermal fillers are smooth, injectable gels that restore volume and fullness to aging skin to improve its appearance. Many fillers typically contain substances such as hyaluronic acid and calcium hydroxyapatite, that are found naturally in the body but synthetically produced for cosmetic purposes.
Our surgeons offer new and modified techniques well ahead of other centers in North Texas, and we provide our patients with distinctive insights on what will be most effective for their needs.
Our plastic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, and dermatologists have completed extensive training following their medical residencies. The physicians have earned board certifications from the American Board of Plastic Surgery, American Board of Dermatology, or a subspecialty of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Reasons to Consider Dermal Fillers
At UT Southwestern, our primary objective with dermal fillers is to provide temporary to long-lasting results that:
- Eliminate deep wrinkles and fine lines at the corners of the eyes and mouth
- Smooth forehead furrows and frown lines between the eyebrows
- Minimize the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, or injury
- Add volume and fullness to lips, cheeks, and around the eyes
Options for Dermal Fillers and Injectables
We offer a variety of dermal fillers and injectables, each designed for one or more purposes. Some fillers work better in certain areas of the face than others. Some fillers are more fluid, while others are thicker. Some last only a few months, while others can remain for more than a year.
Our team works closely with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan, usually with a combination of fillers and injectables for the best possible results.
Some of the fillers we offer include:
- Bellafill (formerly ArteFill): Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) microspheres (miniature beads) suspended in bovine (cow) collagen
- Fat injections: Fat transferred from elsewhere in a patient’s body
- Juvéderm (including Voluma, Volbella, and Vollure): Nonanimal, biodegradable gel based on hyaluronic acid
- Restylane Lyft: Nonanimal, stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) gel
- Radiesse: Very tiny, smooth calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres
- Restylane (including Silk, Defyne, and Refyne): Natural biodegradable gel-based hyaluronic acid
- Sculptra: Synthetic, biocompatible poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA)
What to Expect
The entire procedure takes 15 to 30 minutes. The surgeon:
- Evaluates the patient and maps the injection sites on the face.
- Applies anesthetic ointment or injects a local anesthesia to numb the skin.
- Uses a needle to inject the filler at the injection sites.
Patients experience some discomfort, bruising and swelling, but usually not enough to require pain medication. Most patients return to work or other daily activities in four to 24 hours. Swelling usually goes away within 24 to 36 hours.
Showing 5 locations
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-882-2400