Our team of hundreds of leading cancer physicians and oncology-trained support staff is a trusted partner in returning patients with cancer to good health.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s team of esophageal cancer specialists uses state-of-the-art techniques with a major focus on early diagnosis, better cancer staging, and multidisciplinary care to enhance the treatment of esophageal cancer for each patient.
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in North Texas, we deliver the best cancer care available today and push to discover new treatments. NCI designation means we offer patients the ability to participate in the broadest possible range of clinical trials, with access to potential therapies not available at other facilities.
Comprehensive Services, Individualized Treatment
cancer occurs in the esophagus, the long tube that carries swallowed food from the
throat to the stomach to be digested. Approximately 17,000 new cases of the
disease are diagnosed in the U.S. each year.
Our compassionate clinicians have many years of experience caring for patients with esophageal cancer. It’s the second most common type of cancer our chest cancer specialists treat after lung cancer.
At UT Southwestern, we offer comprehensive, individualized treatment of esophageal cancer that meets every patient’s unique needs and goals. Our treatment program includes:
- Recognized experts in esophageal cancer treatment and research
- State-of-the-art technology for the delivery of the most current medical, radiation, and surgical therapies available
- A team led by highly experienced thoracic surgeons skilled in a range of techniques such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- A support team of specially trained nurses, pain specialists, psychologists, social workers, dietitians, and financial counselors – all dedicated to helping patients and families get answers to their questions, gain new coping strategies, and receive emotional and practical support
- Convenience, with all specialists in one location for seamless care
UT Southwestern’s active clinical trials program gives patients with esophageal cancer access to new therapies that are unavailable at most other health care centers. The esophageal cancer team can help patients determine if they are eligible to participate in a clinical trial.
Showing 6 locations
5801 Forest Park Road
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-8525