The Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute brings together transformative research and patient-centered care to improve the lives of patients today and those of generations to come.
Peter O'Donnell Jr. Brain Institute
The outpatient rehabilitation services provided at UT Southwestern Medical Center help patients achieve their highest possible level of physical, functional, and cognitive independence.
All our physicians are board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and our researchers and therapists are among the most respected in the nation.
Compassionate Care for Recovery
Outpatient rehabilitation allows patients to continue their road to health in a comfortable setting. UT Southwestern offers treatment strategies to support recovery from strokes, traumatic brain injuries, concussions, back and neck disorders, burns, cancer, spinal cord injuries, wound care, and many types of illnesses and injuries.
Our rehabilitation services include care administered by physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, physiatrists, and nurses, all of whom use the most advanced treatments available. The medical and scientific leadership that comes from being a top academic medical center enables us to make an important difference in the lives of our patients.
Conditions We TreatOur team is certified in the treatment of numerous conditions and disorders, such as:
- Back pain
- Brain injuries
- Cardiac (heart) disease
- Cognitive impairment
- Debility related to cancer
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Joint replacements
- Multiple sclerosis
- Musculoskeletal conditions (sports injuries)
- Neurological conditions
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Overuse injuries (cumulative trauma)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pediatric conditions
- Pelvic floor disorders and pelvic pain
- Post-transplant recovery
- Pregnancy and postpartum rehabilitation
- Spasticity (neuromuscular)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Urinary incontinence
Outpatient Rehab: Treatments
We make the process of undergoing rehabilitation and therapy easier by offering comfortable, convenient facilities. Along with a large gym for therapeutic exercise, we offer private treatment rooms, a pleasant reception area, and convenient parking options.
Our clinic features some of the latest technologies and advancements in
rehabilitative medicine, so patients benefit from an exceptional level of
Technologies and treatments available include:
- Biofeedback: A technique that teaches patients to control their bodily functions
- Bioness H200: A device that delivers mild electrical stimulation for rehabilitating the hand
- Bioness L300: A device that delivers mild electrical stimulation for rehabilitating the foot
- LiteGait: A weight-bearing device that supports mobility and walking
- VitalStim: A device that delivers mild electrical stimulation to help patients who have swallowing difficulties
- BTE functional and rehabilitation system: Equipment to maximize therapy support
- Nintendo Wii therapy: Motion, balance, and coordination therapy using video games
Showing 3 locations