Search for opportunities to participate in a muscle or bone research study.
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report
UT Southwestern Medical Center has earned a "High Performing" rating from U.S. News & World Report for orthopaedic care, placing us among the nation’s leading hospitals in this area of care.
For patients who love to stay active, a sports-related injury can be debilitating, affecting their day-to-day life and keeping them from playing the sports they love. UT Southwestern Medical Center's Sports Medicine team specializes in triumphs – helping patients return to a sport or activity as quickly and safely as possible.
Combining experts from our Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation teams, and more, our specialists are dedicated to treating sports and musculoskeletal injuries and disorders that affect the bones, joints, and muscles. We work closely with patients to develop individualized treatment plans, whether they require the most advanced nonsurgical care available or the latest minimally invasive arthroscopic procedure.
All ages and levels of athletes, as well as individuals who simply want to stay active, can count on UT Southwestern's sports medicine specialists for exceptional, customized care. Our multidisciplinary Sports Medicine team includes orthopaedic surgeons, nonoperative sports physicians, and allied health professionals such as physical therapists and athletic trainers.
See a full list of our Sports Medicine providers.
Our Sports Medicine services include:
- Basic and complex surgical procedures
- Casting and functional bracing
- Evaluations of conditions and injuries using state-of-the-art diagnostic tools
- Injury prevention information
- Medical management and nonsurgical treatments, including steroid and hyaluronic acid injections
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery
- Orthobiologic treatments (regenerative medicine), including platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and shockwave
- Physical therapy
- Sports concussion evaluation and management
Our specialists work with all levels of athletes and active adults. Our patients include athletes from:
- FC Dallas
- Texas Christian University
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Dallas Baptist University
- University of Texas at Arlington Movin’ Mavs and Lady Movin’ Mavs (Wheelchair Basketball)
- Irving High School
- Irving MacArthur High School
- Ranchview High School
- Richardson High School
- R.L. Turner High School
- Trinity Valley School Fort Worth
UTSW focuses on future innovations to improve sports and musculoskeletal care.
Our team has a track record of obtaining funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other leading agencies and publishing in the leading journals within sports and musculoskeletal medicine.
Our scientists and clinicians work together to investigate the best treatments for a multitude of conditions to allow our patients to get back to what they love to do as soon as possible.
Education and Training
UTSW is a unique campus with multiple health care training programs all in one location. The Medical Center houses a school of health professions, a graduate school, a medical school, and a plethora of postgraduate medical programs.
We assist in training the next generation of sports and musculoskeletal medicine providers to provide the best care for our patients now and in the future.
Results: 6 Locations
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-882-2585
Irving, Texas 75038 469-647-4706