Search for opportunities to participate in a muscle or bone research study.
Nationally Ranked in Orthopaedics
UT Southwestern Medical Center is recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 2020-21 as one of the nation's top hospitals for orthopaedic care.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s orthopaedic experts treat a range of injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system, which includes the bones, joints, and muscles.
Our team of surgeons, medical doctors, and health care professionals specializes in relieving pain and restoring movement for adults and children, improving quality of life for our patients.
UT Southwestern has one of the most comprehensive orthopedic practices in North Texas. Our board-certified orthopedic specialists are leaders in the newest surgical procedures available. We offer comprehensive surgical treatment plans that incorporate physical therapy before and after surgery for better results. Our orthopedic surgeons are uniquely skilled, and they strive for the best outcomes.
High Performing in Orthopaedics
UT Southwestern’s orthopaedic experts see patients of all ages, from children born with musculoskeletal disorders to workers who have experienced rotator cuff tears on the job to aging adults with spine or hip disorders.
Our orthopaedic surgeons are leaders in the newest surgical procedures available, such as arthroscopic and minimally invasive procedures for the shoulder, knee, spine, and hip; joint replacement and reconstructive surgery; and trauma surgery for orthopaedic injuries.
Orthopaedic Conditions We Treat
Our specialties include:
- Neck and spine
- Foot and ankle
- Hand, wrist, and elbow
- Sports medicine
- Trauma and fractures
Our approach to care is multidisciplinary, meaning that we collaboratively bring together an exceptional range of surgical and medical knowledge and experience to fully understand and treat injuries and disorders.
Our patient services include:
- Highly accurate diagnosis of orthopaedic injuries and disorders, using the latest diagnostic technology available
- Innovative nonsurgical treatments for a variety of injuries and conditions, ranging from back pain to shoulder impingement
- Leading-edge surgical care, such as arthroscopic and minimally invasive procedures for spine, shoulder, and knee surgery, as well as hip replacement
Committed to Orthopaedic Innovations
Our team is committed to excellence in patient care while expanding the field of orthopaedic surgery with groundbreaking research and new surgical techniques. Several examples include:
- Our surgeons have pioneered minimally invasive percutaneous surgery – especially for fractures of the acetabulum (the bowl-shaped spot on each side of the pelvis where the leg bone fits). This surgical technique allows for incisions that are so small that the wounds don’t break open during healing (dehiscence).
- We were the first in North Texas to use a gender-specific (female) prosthetic for knee replacement.
- Our orthopaedic surgeons are experts in surface replacement joint preservation surgery and minimally invasive muscle-sparing hip surgery. We are among a small number of surgeons in Texas pioneering arthroscopic hip surgery, hip preservation surgery, and minimally invasive hip surgery.
- Our Spine team was the only group in Texas involved in an acclaimed 20-year international study (The Foundation of a New Paradigm of Disc Degeneration: The Twin Spine Study) to understand why back and neck pain occurs and find ways to improve treatment.
- We perform an innovative operation called reverse total shoulder replacement for some patients with severe rotator cuff damage and its complications. This operation reverses the joint’s ball-and-socket configuration, allowing a patient to use a different set of muscles to move the arm.
Our orthopaedic rehabilitation specialists provide valuable therapies to help patients reduce pain, increase flexibility and mobility, recover lost functions, and achieve a greatly improved state of health.
Our rehabilitation team includes nurses, neuropsychologists, psychologists, and occupational, physical, and recreational therapists. We take a collaborative approach to determine the right course of action to effectively treat and manage symptoms associated with arthritis, bone fractures, flat feet, herniated and bulging discs, joint replacement, osteoporosis, sciatica, scoliosis, spinal stenosis, and tendonitis.
For patients who undergo surgery, rehabilitative surgery can be vital for regaining full range of motion and quality of life. After the surgical course of treatment is complete, we offer outstanding rehabilitative therapy to achieve the best long-term results possible.
Our rehabilitation specialists attentively work with patients and provide the knowledge and specialized training needed to achieve the best possible results from therapy. Their dedication to providing expert and compassionate care makes an important difference in our patients’ rehabilitation, and people who have been a part of our orthopaedic rehabilitation program have realized extraordinary results.
Related Conditions and Treatments
- Ankle and Foot Sprain, Strain, and Trauma
- Burn, Trauma, and Critical Care
- Degenerative Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Conditions
- Foot and Ankle
- Fractures of the Upper and Lower Extremities
- Hand Surgery
- Hand, Wrist, and Elbow
- Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Overuse Injuries
- Hip Pain and Disorders
- Hip Reconstruction and Replacement Surgery
- Knee Reconstruction and Replacement Surgery
- Knee Repair Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Post-Traumatic Orthopaedic Conditions
- Spina Bifida
- Sports Elbow Injury
- Sports Hip and Thigh Injury
- Sports Knee and Lower Leg Injury
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Shoulder Care
- Trauma and Fractures
- Traumatic Hand and Upper Extremity Injuries
Showing 6 locations
Irving, Texas 75038 469-647-4700
Richardson, Texas 75080 972-669-7000