- Undergraduate School - University of Oklahoma (1983-1986)
- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical School (1986-1991)
- Other Post Graduate Training - UT Southwestern Medical School (1986-1991)
Mary Turner, Ph.D.
Mary Turner, Ph.D., is a Licensed Psychologist with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists. Dr. Turner earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Oklahoma in 1986, graduating with highest honors and being inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. She earned her doctorate from the UT Southwestern Medical Center.
She completed practicum and internship training at: The Dallas County Juvenile Department, Terrell State Hospital, Dallas Child Guidance Clinic, the UT Southwestern Outpatient Clinic, and multiple units at Parkland and Zale Lipshy University hospitals. She was elected chief resident in Psychology in her fourth year and returned to finish out her training at Parkland.
She joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 1990. From 1995 through 2007 she ran a private practice in north Dallas serving adults with chronic and terminal medical illnesses, victims of violent crime, couples, families, geriatric patients, and individuals dealing with life change and high stress lifestyles.
In 2011 she returned to UT Southwestern where she is currently an Associate Professor in Psychiatry. Her specialty areas include adults and families going through major life change and trauma, chronic medical illness, neurological disorders, infertility, PTSD, gender and sexual issues, stress reduction, and anxiety management. She offers a full range of evidence-based clinical services specifically tailored to each patient’s situation and condition. Additional services include intellectual and personality assessment and neurocognitive screenings.
TX License #24813; Expires 9/30/2023
- American Psychological Association (1990-2014)
- Texas Psychological Association (1991-2014)
- Dallas Psychological Association (1991-2014)
- National Association of Health Service Providers in Psychology (1992-2014)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Showing 1 locations