- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (1995-1999)
- Internship - Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (1999-2000), Internal Medicine
- Residency - Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2000-2002), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002-2004), Rheumatology
Kathryn Dao, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
Kathryn Dao, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine’s Division of Rheumatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, sarcoidosis, gout, vasculitis, and pregnancy and lactation in patients with rheumatic diseases.
Dr. Dao earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Washington University Barnes-Jewish Hospital and returned to UT Southwestern for advanced training through a rheumatology fellowship.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in rheumatology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Dao is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a member of the American College of Rheumatology, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society. Additionally, she is a contributing author and blogger for RheumNow.com. She has been named a D Magazine "Best Doctor" for 12 consecutive years, 2008 to 2019.
She has published numerous academic articles related to rheumatology.