Opening in December 2019. Schedule your appointment today.
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report
UT Southwestern Medical Center earned High Performing recognition for orthopaedics from U.S. News & World Report for 2019-20, placing us among the country's leading hospitals for orthopaedic surgery and care.
The Orthopaedic Surgery team at UT Southwestern Frisco offers innovative surgical and medical options for patients who have injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system, which includes the bones, joints, and muscles. We apply a multidisciplinary approach to evaluate and treat all types of orthopaedic conditions and injuries. Next-day appointments are often available.
Our team includes physicians, researchers, and clinical service providers who evaluate patients and create a comprehensive treatment program for their specific condition. For most of the situations we treat, surgery is not our initial approach. If surgery is necessary, we use the most advanced techniques available to help patients. Our surgeons are experts in innovation, including minimally invasive techniques – which often help patients recover quickly.
We offer a broad range of care, covering:
- Foot and ankle conditions, including sprains, strains, and trauma; ankle replacement; osteoarthritis; bunionectomy; and Achilles tendon injuries
- General orthopaedic surgery
- Hand and upper extremity impairments, including carpal tunnel syndrome; rheumatoid arthritis; osteoarthritis; degenerative hand, wrist, and elbow conditions; peripheral nerve disorders; and overuse injuries
- Hip and knee replacement and reconstruction
- Microvascular surgery of the hands and feet
- Orthopaedic trauma, fractures, and post-traumatic reconstruction
- Sports medicine, including elbow injury, hip and thigh injury, knee and lower leg injury, and shoulder care and reconstruction
All procedures requiring anesthesia will take place next door at UT Southwestern’s partner site – the new Texas Health Hospital Frisco.
Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your time with the doctor, prepare a list of questions ahead of time and bring it to your appointment.
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our best to see patients at their scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients sign up with MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in or sign up for MyChart.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify the center at least 48 hours in advance so that we can accommodate other patients waiting to schedule an appointment.
Prescriptions and Refills
It is very important that you do not run out of your medication. Be sure that you have sufficient refills to last until your next appointment with your provider. We are happy to provide you with a written prescription upon request.
If you run out of refills, please call your pharmacy and your pharmacist will fax a refill request to us. Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to process refill requests.