Our team of hundreds of leading cancer physicians and oncology-trained support staff is a trusted partner in returning patients with cancer to good health.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s multidisciplinary pancreatic cancer program provides the most innovative surgical and medical treatments available. Our team of surgeons and medical and radiation oncologists is dedicated to ensuring easy access and coordination of care, beginning from the very first contact. We work together to personalize each patient’s treatment for the optimal outcome.
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in North Texas, we deliver the best cancer care available today and push to discover new treatments. NCI designation means we offer patients the ability to participate in the broadest possible range of clinical trials, with access to potential therapies not available at other facilities.
Unmatched Expertise in Treating Pancreatic Cancer
- Experts in pancreatic surgery: For patients with resectable, or localized, pancreatic cancer, we offer one of the most experienced pancreatic surgical teams in the world. We perform a high volume of pancreatic cancer surgeries, which is important because studies show that high-volume surgeons and hospitals have better outcomes.
- Innovative surgical approaches: Our surgeons are highly experienced in robotic pancreatic surgery, including the Whipple procedure. Our surgical team offers surgical resection to patients with locally advanced tumors after they’ve had adequate treatment with chemotherapy. We are often able to remove tumors that other institutions consider unresectable.
- Cutting-edge radiation therapy including stereotactic radiosurgery and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT): We are recognized worldwide as leaders in the use of these therapies. In stereotactic radiosurgery, several high-dose radiation beams enter the body through various angles and intersect at the desired target. In IMRT, we can control the intensity of the radiation beam in multiple small volumes to create precise dose distribution.
- Multidisciplinary team approach: Our patients benefit from the combined knowledge of a range of specialists, including gastroenterologists; surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists; nutritionists; and geneticists.
- Emphasis on prevention: Our team understands the importance of pursuing innovative approaches to prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of pancreatic cancer.
Our Services for Pancreatic Cancer
We provide quick and effective diagnosis and offer coordinated care, with an entire team of specialists collaborating on each case and developing a personalized treatment plan – typically within a single visit.
Easy access and concierge-level coordination is maintained by our dedicated pancreatic cancer patient navigators. Email us to reach one of our care coordinators.
Early detection and diagnosis is vital because pancreatic cancer can have vague symptoms and can spread aggressively. Our unique pancreatic cancer prevention program focuses on identifying risks and providing early detection and diagnosis.
With early detection, pancreatic cancer has a higher chance of being successfully treated. Once we have evaluated the cancer, our team will discuss treatment options with the patient and establish a personalized plan of care.
In addition, we offer a range of support services to help patients and their families through this challenging time.
September 16, 2020
Results: 7 Locations