Pediatric-adolescent gynecologists in the UT Southwestern Pediatric Group at Plano specialize in care for girls/young women up to age 18. As the only pediatric-adolescent gynecology program in North Texas, we provide compassionate care using the latest advances in evaluation and treatment.
Our pediatric-adolescent gynecologists have specialized training in understanding the unique issues that affect the development and anatomy of growing girls and young women. Our physicians take great care to examine and treat girls in a sensitive manner, and to address their specific needs.
We specialize in treating:
- Anomalies of the reproductive organs, such as the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, or cervix
- Congenital (present since birth) or acquired (developed after birth) genital anomalies
- Cysts, masses, or lesions of the reproductive organs
- Early or delayed puberty or sexual development
- Menstrual problems caused by other health conditions
- Painful periods and heavy bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as chlamydia, genital herpes, HIV, human papillomavirus (HPV), pelvic inflammatory disease, and syphilis
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal trauma
- Vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina), yeast infections, and other infections
Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your time with the doctor, prepare a list of questions ahead of time and bring it to your appointment.
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our best to see patients at their scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients sign up with MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in to or sign up for MyChart.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel an appointment, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance so we can accommodate other patients.
Prescriptions and Refills
It is very important that your child does not run out of her medication. Be sure that you have sufficient refills to last until your next appointment. We are happy to provide you with a written prescription upon request.
If you run out of refills, please call your pharmacy, and your pharmacist will fax a refill request to us. Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to process refill requests.