UT Southwestern offers exceptional options for pediatric plastic and craniofacial surgery at our clinic in Plano. Our experienced group of pediatric reconstructive and craniofacial plastic surgeons are devoted to helping infants, children, and adolescents, and their families, with abnormalities resulting from congenital conditions, trauma, injury, or disease.
Our plastic surgeons rely on extensive experience, unique techniques, and leading-edge discoveries to successfully achieve a more normal appearance while restoring function and mobility. Internationally recognized for advancements in pediatric reconstructive procedures, our surgeons are accessible and willing to explain the need for a reconstructive procedure and what to expect.
We specialize in treating:
- Birth marks
- Breast asymmetry / hypertrophy (macromastia) / hypoplasia (absent breast)
- Cleft lip and cleft palate
- Congenital craniofacial conditions
- Congenital hand conditions
- Congenital nevus
- Dermoid cyst
- Ear branchial remnants, skin tags, and branchial tract
- Ear shape abnormalities
- Fractures of the face and nose
- Hypertrophic, post-traumatic, and burn scars
- Jaw deformities
- Nasal deformities
- Plagiocephaly (abnormal head shape)
- Port-wine stain
- Skin lesions and masses (including congenital nevus, epidermal nevus, inclusion cysts, and pilomatrixoma)
- Vascular malformations and vascular anomalies
Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your time with the doctor, prepare a list of questions ahead of time and bring it to your appointment.
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our best to see patients at their scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients sign up with MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in to or sign up for MyChart.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel an appointment, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance so we can accommodate other patients.