We are the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas.
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
Educate Your Community
We know that public education is a proven weapon in the fight against cancer, so we actively seek your help in raising cancer awareness across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Here are some things you can do now to keep your community informed:
Invite a Simmons expert to share the latest in cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment at your next school assembly, community “Lunch & Learn,” or company health fair.
Our Speakers Bureau physicians, researchers, and supportive care teams can join you at any virtual gathering to share important information on topics such as:
- Cancer 101
- New discoveries in diagnosing and treating various cancers
- Coping with COVID in healthy ways
- Smoking, vaping, and COVID-19 risks
- Cancer screenings that men and women should have
- How to stop smoking to prevent or beat cancer
- Cancer-fighting foods and healthy eating tips
- Exercise as medicine for cancer prevention and survivorship
- Genetic testing for inherited family cancers
- Vaccinations that can prevent cancer
- Clinical trials: What are they? Why should I join?
Simmons’ Speakers Bureau service is free, and presentations can be tailored to your group’s interests.
When health and science fairs are once again held in person, we hope you’ll ask our outreach team to participate in yours. We've delivered cancer education materials and hosted activities at KwanzaaFest, United to Serve, and Science in the City. We’d like to join your event, too.
For now, our Speakers Bureau experts are available virtually to deliver information that can help keep your community healthy. Please contact the Office of Community Outreach at 833-722-6237 or OfficeofCOEE@UTSouthwestern.edu to schedule one or more speakers for your online health or science event.