We are the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas.
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
Educate Your Community
We know that public education is a proven weapon in the fight against cancer, so we actively seek your help in raising cancer awareness across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Here are some things you can do now to keep your community informed:
Invite a Simmons expert to share the latest in cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment at your next school assembly, company “Lunch & Learn,” or worship event. Our Speakers Bureau is free, and presentations can be tailored to your group’s interests.
Popular topics include:
- Reducing cancer risks through healthy eating, exercise, and quitting nicotine
- Truths and myths about HPV vaccination for teens and adults
- Cancer screening and the benefits of early detection
- Genetic testing for inherited family cancer risks
- Understanding the benefits of clinical trial participation