We are the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas.
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Screenings and Support
Simmons Cancer Center provides the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex with cancer prevention, screening, treatment, and survivorship services. We offer these at our UT Southwestern Medical Center flagship campus in Dallas and through our affiliate, Parkland Health & Hospital System, as well as at our satellite facility, Moncrief Cancer Institute.
The Parkland system serves Dallas County’s under- and uninsured. Moncrief serves Fort Worth and surrounding rural areas, working closely with the JPS Health Network to meet the needs of Tarrant County’s uninsured.
Our cancer screening services, including mobile mammograms, are currently operating with enhanced safety procedures. We encourage you to schedule your regular screenings. And we urge you to reduce your cancer and COVID-19 risks by giving up smoking or vaping.
Simmons Cancer Center
- Nicotine Cessation Program: UT Southwestern's comprehensive nicotine cessation program is devoted to helping you or someone you care about quit smoking, vaping, or otherwise using any nicotine and tobacco products. Virtual care appointments are available through your smartphone, laptop, desktop, or tablet.
- Screening Navigator Program: Our screening navigators link you with appropriate Simmons programs based on your health care coverage, and they let you know what to expect during the screening process. Call 833-722-6237 to connect with our navigators. They're here to guide you every step of the way.
- UTSW HepBFree Program: UT Southwestern's medical students provide free hepatitis B and C screenings for the local community.
- Cancer Genetics Counseling Program: We offer testing and counseling for all identified types of cancer, and we see more than 2,000 patients each year. Financial assistance may be available.
- Support Services: Our specially trained team approaches survivorship from all angles.
Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Parkland in Your Community: Parkland’s community outreach programs aim to prevent illness and injury in Dallas County through education, intervention, and prevention.
- The Parkland mobile mammography van screens across Dallas County and at Parkland community clinics.
- Parkland also offers a Smoking Cessation Clinic and weekly support groups for those wanting to stop smoking.
- Locate screenings and health events in your area.
Fort Worth Satellite (Moncrief Cancer Institute)
- Moncrief Cancer Institute offers many ways to help you prevent and detect cancer, from wellness advice to screenings. Its innovative 18-wheeler brings mobile screenings for breast and cervical cancer to those who wouldn't otherwise have access. And Moncrief offers additional screening services for those lacking insurance.
- Survivorship: Moncrief's tailored programs help cancer survivors thrive – mentally, physically, and emotionally. Most programs are free, regardless of when patients are diagnosed.
- To learn more about Moncrief’s programs and enhanced safety measures during COVID-19, call 817-288-9800 or visit its calendar of community events.