The Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute brings together transformative research and patient-centered care to improve the lives of patients today and those of generations to come.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s neurorehabilitation team offers specialized expertise in helping patients improve mobility, strength, endurance, and other skills following a neurological disorder or injury.
UT Southwestern is a major referral center for physical medicine and rehabilitation, including our neurorehabilitation program. Our goal is to help patients achieve the greatest possible levels of independence and function.
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Programs
For patients who have cognitive or physical impairments resulting from a neurological disorder or injury, UT Southwestern offers patient-centered care that combines leading-edge therapy with highly personalized attention.
The neurorehabilitation team treats functional and cognitive issues related to conditions such as:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Aphasia (language impairment)
- Debility related to brain tumors
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease, ataxia, dystonia, and progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Spasticity (neuromuscular)
- Sleep disorders
- Spinal cord injuries
- Spine (back and neck pain)
- Strokes and other cerebrovascular disorders
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
Our neurorehabilitation team, which is among the most respected in the nation, includes physicians who are board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, therapists, nurses, researchers, and other health care professionals.
Our Neurorehabilitation Services
UT Southwestern offers both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative care across the medical center. Patients receive neurorehabilitation services based on their overall health and individual needs.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Electrodiagnostic examinations to measure
electrical activity generated by muscles and nerves and diagnose the cause of
symptoms such as numbness, pain, or weakness
- Latest technologies in rehabilitative
medicine, such as biofeedback, Bioness H20 and L300, LiteGait, VitalStim,
SaeboFlex, and Nintendo Wii therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Psychological evaluations and support
- Social work case management
- Therapies such as physical, occupational, speech-language, recreational, and respiratory therapy
Showing 6 locations
Richardson, Texas 75080 972-669-7000
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-882-2410
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-4673