At UT Southwestern Medical Center, our patients’ medical records are kept in accordance with all federal laws relating to privacy and confidentiality. It’s a commitment we take seriously.
As patients are diagnosed and treated, their health information is collected and stored on-site for two years. All other records are securely stored off-site.
Patients can obtain copies of their medical records by following the directions on the Requesting Your Record page.
If medical records from another provider/facility need to be sent to a UT Southwestern provider, please complete the form (PDF).
Please note that there is a fee for processing a medical records request. However, there is no charge to have records sent directly to another health care facility or physician for continuation of care. Please visit the Office of Civil Rights for frequently asked questions about access and allowable fees.
For more information about medical records, please contact UT Southwestern University Hospitals and Clinics by:
- Phone: 214-645-3030, then choose option 1, option 1
- Fax: 214-645-9141, Attention: UT Southwestern
Medical Center Release of Information Department
Medical Records Location and Hours
UT Southwestern has consolidated its medical records storage into one area for complete service. Patients are welcome to contact our Health Information Management Department for more information or to obtain copies of medical records.
Inpatient and Outpatient Records
Southwestern Medical Center
Paul M. Bass Administrative and Clinical Center
Attn: Health Information Management Release of Information
6333 Forest Park Road
Dallas, Texas 75390-8525
Download map (PDF)
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on weekends and the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the following day
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Attn: Release of Information
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Mail Code 8525
Dallas, Texas 75390-8525
We also accept requests via email. Send requests for release of information to Medical Records to email@example.com.
Printable Patient Forms
All of the following are PDF files and open in a new browser window to download and print.
- Authorization to Disclose Protected Health Information (PDF)
- Authorization to Disclose Protected Health Information (Spanish) (PDF)
- Directive to Physicians and Family of Surrogates (PDF)
- Medical Power of Attorney (PDF)
- Request to Receive External Records (PDF)
- Request to Receive External Records (Spanish) (PDF)
- Telemedicine Consent (PDF)