We know that public education is a proven weapon in the fight against cancer, so we actively seek community partners to help us raise cancer awareness across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Here are some ways you can join us to promote cancer education:
Invite a Simmons cancer expert to speak at your next school assembly, corporate “Lunch & Learn,” neighborhood meeting, or gathering at your place of worship. Whether they join you in person or online, our Speakers Bureau experts can share the latest news on any important cancer topic. Presentations can be tailored to your group’s interests.
Popular presentation topics include:
- Reducing cancer risk through healthy eating, exercise, and quitting nicotine
- Truths and myths about HPV vaccination for teens and adults
- Cancer screening and the benefits of early detection
- Genetic testing for family cancer risk assessment
- Understanding the benefits of clinical trial participation
Ask our outreach team to participate in your next community health fair. We want to foster healthy communities by providing cancer education at local events. We have participated in KwanzaaFest, United to Serve, and Science in the City.
Join Simmons Cancer Center, the Dallas Mavericks, and the mayors of Dallas and Fort Worth as we "Team Up Against Nicotine" to reduce the risk of cancer. Learn how to talk to your teens about smoking and vaping.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube and share our cancer resources with your communities.