Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
EMBRACE Survivorship Symposium
EMBRACE is a half-day survivorship symposium that's designed to assist patients and their families with physical, emotional, and practical issues that can arise during their cancer journey.
Our spring symposium will be held on Saturday, April 4th, 2020, and our fall symposium will be held on Saturday, October 17th, 2020. A continental breakfast will be available at 8:30am, and lunch will be provided. It will be located at NG3.112 (Pickens Medical Education and Conference Center).
Embrace stands for:
- Active Nutrition
Topics that have been covered in the past include:
- Treatment 101 and Clinical Trials
- Supportive & Palliative Care: Enhancing Quality of Life through Symptom Management and Advance Care Planning
- Nutrition Hot Topics and Myth Busters
- Physical Activity, Pre-habilitation, and Lymphedema
- Work, Disability, and Insurance
- Managing Stress through Music and Mindfulness