- Medical School - Universidad La Salle/Facuitad de Medicina (1994-2000)
- Residency - University of Illinois at Chicago (2002-2005), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - Massachusetts General Hospital (2005-2008), Pediatric Endocrinology
Ximena Lopez, M.D.
Dr. Lopez did her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, and her fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
She has performed research in the area of type 2 diabetes and obesity in adults and pediatrics and has participated in several multicenter clinical trials with new drugs for type 2 diabetes.
Dr. Lopez is also currently co-chair of the Transgender Health Special Interest Group of the Pediatric Endocrine Society.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Endocrinology Executive Committee Member (2016-2019)
- Pediatric Endocrine Society, Co-chair of the Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Youth SIG (2015)
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) (2014)
- Diabetes National Medical Advisor, Novo Nordisk, Spain (2008-2010)
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine Best Doctor 2022
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist 2020
- Best grades of graduating class from Medical School 2000, Universidad La Salle Medical School, Mexico City
- Graduation from Medical School with Honors 2000, Universidad La Salle Medical School, Mexico City
Books & Publications
Hypoglycemia in Infants and Children in Pediatric Nutrition, 7th Edition, R. Kleinman, F. Greer, eds.
McManus S, Lopez X, Levitsky L. (2013), American Academy of Pediatrics
- Hypoglycemia in Infants and Children in Pediatric Nutrition, 7th Edition, R. Kleinman, F. Greer, eds.
- Neurobiology of transgender children and adolescents
- Metabolic effects of endocrine therapy in adolescents with gender dysphoria
- Gender dysphoria in children and adolescents