- Internship - University of Illinois/Chicago Medical Center (1980-1981), Ob/ Gyn
- Residency - University of Illinois/Chicago Medical Center (1981-1984), Ob/ Gyn
- Medical School - The University of Illinois School of Medicine (1975-1980)
Mayra Thompson, M.D.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology - General & Ob/Gyn
- Well Women Exams
Mayra Thompson, M.D., is a member of UT Southwestern Medical Center's Division of Gynecology in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She sees patients at the Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventative Health Care.
Dr. Thompson received her undergraduate degree from Northwestern University and earned her medical degree at the University of Illinois Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine. She completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Illinois Research Hospital.
She is trained in minimally invasive surgical procedures such as the DaVinci Robot for single-site hysterectomies, and has been certified by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
She is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Thompson has lectured and proctored courses in the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques at UT Southwestern and elsewhere. She not only teaches the residency staff, but enjoys assisting physicians in private practice who wish to learn and master these techniques.
She is a member of several professional organizations, including the Association of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons, the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, and the American Urogynecologic Society.
Dr. Thompson is fluent in Spanish and has a special interest in communicating wellness and preventive care in the Hispanic community. She has hosted multiple radio educational shows for the Latin American community throughout the Southwest. Among others, the most well known are “A Su Salud” and “La Buena Vida.” For her efforts she was awarded the Female Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the “Si Se Puede” award from the Mexican American Professional Women’s Association of Dallas.
She was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparscopists
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Texas Medical Association
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Association of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Super Doctors in Texas 2013, Gynecology-Obstetrics
- D Best - Gynecology 2012, D Magazine Best Doctors
- Well Women Exams
Articles by Dr. Thompson
Showing 1 locations