At William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, our surgery teams are experts in using leading-edge surgical technologies, offering you the most effective and accurate options available, in a comfortable and quiet environment.
Our world-class surgical teams work together to help you achieve the best possible health, so that no matter what type of surgery you require, you can start the healing process as soon as possible.
Our surgical department includes 24 operating rooms that are staffed 24 hours a day to provide surgical care when you need it. In late 2020, a major hospital expansion will add additional operating rooms.
Surgical services at Clements University Hospital include:
- General surgery
- Organ transplants
- Endovascular (minimally invasive) surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Oncology surgery, including breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Urology surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Eye surgery
- UTSW POSH Program (specialized care for older patients needing surgery)
Private Surgical Suites
Clements University Hospital’s surgical area was designed with patient comfort and safety in mind. Each surgical suite is fully private, which enhances patient comfort and helps minimize the risk of infection.
Our private surgical suites include several unique features:
- Technology is fully integrated with the hospital’s various systems and departments, such as pathology, labs, and imaging, helping to streamline your surgery and give your surgeon improved visibility into your overall picture of health.
- A teleconference system allows surgeons to conference with other doctors and specialists directly from the operating room, ensuring the highest-quality care in even the most complex cases.
- Our large surgical suites are more functional than most operating rooms, allowing surgeons and nurses to work faster and more effectively.
In addition to our patient-centered approach, our advanced technology sets us apart from most hospitals:
KUBTEC, our state-of-the-art digital X-ray system, helps physicians examine breast cancer and other specimens more quickly and clearly.
Intuitive da Vinci surgical robots provide a new option for a wide range of minimally invasive surgeries.
Our hybrid operating rooms feature advanced endovascular surgery technology to provide another minimally invasive option for many patients.
Our computerized patient management system – TOMS – allows our staff to focus on fast and efficient care of each patient.
CSCOUT, our visitor communication system, enables your care team to send real-time updates to loved ones so they can stay up-to-date with your progress.
Clements University Hospital is proud to offer specialized brachytherapy treatment for intensive cancer cases.
Brachytherapy technology allows us to treat cancer using radioactive implants, which deliver a more targeted dose to the cancer site and minimize your exposure to radiation.
Our advanced Brachytherapy Room includes highly specialized technology, which enables physicians to perform both surgery and high-dose radiation treatment in one location. This helps make you more comfortable and significantly reduces the time required for each treatment.