William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
Inpatient Psychiatry Unit Visitation Guidelines
6201 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75390 (Directions)
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-8300
UT Southwestern strives to provide a caring and healing environment. Our goal is to provide exceptional care in every aspect of your hospital stay. Please review these guidelines before you visit our Inpatient Psychiatry Unit.
Monday – Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., 4 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- To provide the highest quality care and programming possible, visitors are welcome during set visiting hours.
- We request that all visitors sign the Visitor Sign-in Log at the nurse’s station before entering the unit.
- Visitors are asked to securely store all personal belongings in the lockers provided before entering the unit.
Patient Phone Hours: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. (except during group sessions)
- Visitors are allowed to bring approved items for patient use. Items will be checked at the nurse’s station and given to the patient after the item has been reviewed.
To ensure the safety of our patients and visitors, please note that the following items are NOT allowed into the unit:
- Medications of any kind
- Belts, shoelaces, clothes with drawstrings
- Food and drink
- Products containing alcohol
- Razor blades, weapons, or objects that can be used as weapons
- Thumbtacks, pins, needles, staples, paper clips, safety pins
- Nail files, tweezers, nail clippers
- Pens, pencils
- Glass or ceramic vases, picture frames, mirrors
- Clothes hangers, plant hangers
- Metal containers
- Tobacco products, electronic cigarettes
- Flammable liquids
- Personal heating pads, pillows, comforters, stuffed animals
- All electric and electronic equipment
- Plastic bags
- Any other material deemed hazardous by staff