We’ve reinvented patient rooms with the patient in mind.
William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital features 460 single-patient rooms, each designed to provide you with a quiet, calming place to receive treatment during your stay and begin healing.
Our hospital patient rooms feel comfortable and private, with advanced in-room technology and innovative patient safety features, while still leaving plenty of space for visitors.
In addition, the rooms enable our caregivers to work more efficiently and effectively, providing you with the timely, quality care you need.
Designed for Comfort
Your private room at Clements University Hospital includes:
- Convenient remote control of your room’s lighting, temperature, and window shades
- A room service system for ordering meals and snacks at any time
- Large windows to let in natural light, which has been shown to improve healing and a sense of well-being
- A custom, ergonomically designed sleeper sofa to comfortably accommodate loved ones overnight
Your hospital room also includes several important resources that help to enhance your comfort and care:
- An integrated television monitor, which allows physicians to review your charts and lab results, videoconference with other caregivers, and provide educational content about your condition; the monitor also offers Skype capabilities to help you stay in touch with loved ones
- Free wireless internet (Wi-Fi) access for your laptop or mobile device
- Extra electrical outlets to allow you and your visitors to recharge personal electronics throughout your stay
A Focus on Safety
Our private rooms aren’t simply more comfortable than a typical hospital room. They also help to improve infection control and patient safety by giving each patient his or her own space to heal.
A sophisticated air circulation system enables more frequent air exchanges, and double filtration in all areas of the hospital provides fresher, cleaner air throughout.
Floor colors in patient rooms make it easier to spot and avoid spills and dropped items, reducing the likelihood of slips and falls.
Every room is also equipped with state-of-the-art electronic medication tracking and secure access to electronic medical records, which help ensure accurate treatment and care.