COVID-19 Response: Limits on Visitors and Entrances
We know you are aware of the fluid situation surrounding the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and we want to ensure you that UT Southwestern is taking necessary precautions for your safety and well-being, as well as that of your family and loved ones.
With the health of our patients and health care professionals in mind, we have put new measures in place to limit the number of visitors per patient, restrict the number of entry points to our medical facilities, and implement screening guidelines for all visitors. We realize the new safeguards might cause some inconvenience. We are sharing the details with you now, so you and your expected visitors can plan accordingly.
- Patients and visitors will have limited access points to William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and the Outpatient Building will be restricted to the following:
- The number of visitors per patient has been reduced to one.
- All visitors, patients, and guests will be screened at designated entry points, including the Emergency Department.
- All visitors must meet screening criteria. The brief screening will ask if you have experienced any respiratory symptoms – fever, shortness of breath, or a cough – or traveled outside of Texas within the last 14 days. At William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, temperature checks via forehead thermometer scans will be required of everyone before they enter the building. Any individuals registering a reading of 99.6°F/37.6°C or higher will not be allowed into the buildings. Staff can provide guidance on next steps.
- Individuals cleared through the screening process will receive an orange wristband, which must be worn throughout their visit to the Hospital or Outpatient Building.
- Individuals who do not meet screening criteria will not be allowed to enter the facility, and will be advised on next steps from screening staff. Most patients will be encouraged to contact their primary care provider.
- Patients who are being screened for COVID-19 or who have already tested positive are not allowed any visitors.
- In order to protect the health of our children, those under age 12 will not be allowed inside Clements University Hospital or Outpatient Building. This remains UT Southwestern policy during flu season.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to minimize the spread of illness and further protect the health of our patients, our health care workers, and our community.
At William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, we know that our patients benefit from the love and support of their family and friends. That’s why we work to create a welcoming, comfortable environment for all visitors.
If a friend or family member is a patient at Clements University Hospital, you’re welcome to visit. Please note: All visitors are encouraged to check in at the main Guest Services desk, located in the lobby near the main entrance.
Our facility has flexible visiting hours to meet the needs of our patients and guests. General visiting hours: are 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Learn more about our visiting guidelines and overnight stays.
Clements University Hospital offers a variety of dining options to meet the needs of patients and visitors, including:
- Main Dining Area
- Simply to Go
- Coffee Shop
- In-room dining
Learn more about hospital dining options.
For your convenience, we offer free wireless internet (Wi-Fi) access throughout Clements University Hospital. Learn more about our Wi-Fi services.
Throughout William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, our spacious and comfortable family lounges help make visitors feel welcome and at ease.
Every patient floor has two family lounges to provide plenty of room for loved ones. These quiet areas feel private and peaceful and feature floor-to-ceiling windows to let in plenty of natural light.
To maintain a feeling of privacy, each lounge includes frosted glass partitions and a secluded cellphone area where visitors can make phone calls without disturbing others.
Explore the Hospital
We created our hospital with patients and visitors in mind. While you’re here, take advantage of what we have to offer.
- Gift shop: Our hospital gift shop is open seven days a week and offers gifts, flowers, balloons, and more.
- Patient and Family Resource Center: This unique space, located on the ground floor near the main entrance, provides patients and visitors with access to public computers and printers, a digital greeting card service, and interactive displays with information on UT Southwestern, health care knowledge and research, and current clinical trials. Entry is free.
- Art collection: We’re proud of our facility’s extensive art collection, a diverse selection of paintings, sculpture, and mixed-media pieces, which helps to create a calming and restorative environment throughout our patient rooms, corridors, lobbies, and staff areas.