Awards and Recognition
UT Southwestern Medical Center is honored frequently for the quality of our care and the significance of our discoveries. While we enjoy being recognized, we’re more pleased with what the awards represent to our patients – the best in care from the most highly trained physicians using the latest advanced technologies.
Here are just a few of the recent honors we (and you) have won:
- For 2022-23 – the sixth consecutive year – UT Southwestern is ranked the #1 hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth and the second best in Texas by U.S. News & World Report. In addition, the same report ranked nine UT Southwestern specialties in the top 50 nationally.
- In 2020, UT Southwestern received multiple Best of Best awards for diversity and inclusion in our workforce. The Black EOE Journal and the Hispanic Network Magazine both recognized UT Southwestern for being a Top LGBTQ+ Friendly Company and a Top Healthcare Company. The Professional Woman's Magazine also recognized UT Southwestern for being a Top LGBTQ+ Friendly Company.
- The U.S. Veterans Magazine, whose goal is to open up opportunities for veterans, transitioning service members, disabled veterans, spouses, and veteran business owners, honored UT Southwestern in 2020 as a Top Veteran-Friendly Company.
William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, which recognizes top-quality patient care
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology in Radiation Oncology
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer
Peter O'Donnell Jr. Brain Institute
- Accredited by both the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Joint Commission
- One of five hospital emergency departments in the community recognized by Dallas Fire-Rescue’s Emergency Medical System (EMS) for the management of stroke patients
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, with an accredited Stroke Specialty Program
- CMS - Medicare Approved Transplant Program - Heart
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) (ECHO)
- CF Care Center - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- AACVPR Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Certification
- Transplant Center designation
- Our Ob/Gyn Ultrasound service was the state’s first unit of its kind to be nationally accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.
Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery
- UT Southwestern's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery was recently included on Becker’s Hospital Review list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great orthopaedic and spine surgery programs.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center consistently ranks in the 90th percentile and above in Press Ganey scores.
- UT Southwestern's Dr. Kenneth Goldberg is the first provider in the Greater Dallas area to receive the Rezum Center Of Excellence designation.