Why UT Southwestern
Awards and Recognition
UT Southwestern Medical Center is honored frequently for the quality of our care and the significance of our discoveries. While we enjoy being recognized, we’re more pleased with what the awards represent to our patients – the best in care from the most highly trained physicians using the latest advanced technologies.
Here are just a few of the recent honors we (and you) have won:
- For the second consecutive year, UT Southwestern is ranked the No. 1 Best Hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth and the second best in Texas by U.S. News & World Report in 2018. In addition, seven UT Southwestern specialties are rated in the top 50 nationally by U.S. News, while nine other specialties or procedures earn high performing designation.
- Eight UT Southwestern nurses were honored at the 2018 DFW Great 100 Nurses event, which recognizes outstanding local nursing professionals.
- UT Southwestern is on the national “Most Wired” hospitals list for a seventh consecutive year, thanks to its use of tools making it easier for patients and providers to interact, thus improving communication, safety, and patient-provider relationships.
- Patient Navigator Program: Focus MI Participants were recognized in the US News & World Report 2019 Issue of Best Hospitals.
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, which recognizes top-quality patient care
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology in Radiation Oncology
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer
Peter O'Donnell Jr. Brain Institute
- Accredited by both the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Joint Commission
- Our Robert D. Rogers Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center is certified by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association.
- One of five hospital emergency departments in the community recognized by Dallas Fire-Rescue’s Emergency Medical System (EMS) for the management of stroke patients
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, with an accredited Stroke Specialty Program
- CMS - Medicare Approved Transplant Program - Heart
- Certification in Ventricular Assist Device - The Joint Commission
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) (ECHO)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center's pulmonology program is recognized by U.S. News & World report for 2018-19 as one of the nation's best hospitals for treatment of lung diseases and disorders.
- CF Care Center - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- AACVPR Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Certification
- Transplant Center designation
- Our Ob/Gyn Ultrasound service was the state’s first unit of its kind to be nationally accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center consistently ranks in the 90th percentile and above in Press Ganey scores.